Thursday, March 6, 2014

Countdown to Padre: The Evening Before (*Cough*)

*cough hack cough*

I don't think it's settled into my soul that in 12 hours I will be on a van heading to South Padre Island. When the alarms go off at 5 AM, then it will probably hit me, but for now, I know something is coming tomorrow - but the implications do not burden me.

*cough*

Right now I feel awful. Turns out I have a mild (?) case of bronchitis. It didn't help that I worked a full day and helped load a massive truck a few hours ago - if I could call in sick for this trip, I probably would out of concern for my progressing illness.

But I can't. Know why? Because BEACH REACH.

This is the trip I look forward to every year. This is the trip where I come alive. This is the trip where the Gospel flows freely out of my mouth. This is the trip where I grow closer to my brothers and sisters in Christ through fierce battle. This is the trip where the weight of being set apart and being adopted into the family of God becomes heartbreakingly obvious. This is the trip where the warfare of two kingdoms clashing is deafening and overwhelming. This is the trip where the shouts of victory are sweet with the tears of faithful labor.

This is the trip. *cough* And it begins tomorrow at 7:00 AM CST.

Follow me on @aalblogaustin for live updates and prayer requests. Check back here daily for detailed updates. You may not be coming with me, but I intend to share as much of my experience as I can with you.

*cough* I am going to bed now. Until tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment