Saturday, May 19, 2012

El Paso Mission Trip Closing Post

The mission trip to El Paso is in the books of history now. Here is a brief wrap-up of the last days of the trip.

On Thursday, we finished the roof. All the construction projects were finished early afternoon. I don't have any pictures from the other project, but below is a picture of the roof at it's completion





After an evening of celebration and fellowship, we slept and woke up yesterday morning for the trip home. Leaving exactly at 7 AM, we began the long, hot, and tiring ride home. Going through New Mexico with a weak AC made for a very warn van ride. Then we all arrived home and parted ways.

This trip was reminiscent of my mission trips in highschool, only without the drama and immaturity. We were determined, motivated, and responsible through and through. The last construction trip that I went on was the opposite. Those of us on the trip were blessed with great fellowship and we truly enjoyed each other's company.

Unlike Beach Reach, this trip had a different goal in mind, and I would say that the goal was accomplished. Several hundred people were helped through our free clinic, and all our construction projects were completed. Unlike Beach Reach, our immediate goal was not to share the Gospel - the medical team was blessed with several chances to share the Gospel, but it was not the driving goal. I didn't share the Gospel with any person on this trip, but my role in the trip was to assist the local church by making repairs to their facilities so they could better utilize them. That goal was certainly accomplished.

I have six days until I leave for Panfork. My mind, heart, and being is set on the summer, and it is here at long last. I have a LOT to take care of beforehand - namely, buying a car and taking care of some other things. But, the blog posts will continue. I will have at least two book reviews week, and hopefully some other goodies before I leave my home with a reliable Internet connection. For those of you who prayed for me and those of us on this trip, may you be blessed. As it is with every mission trip led by the Spirit, God's will was accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment