Wednesday, May 16, 2012

El Paso Mission Trip Update: Giving Up On Human Sized Portions of Burritos

"What, are we giving up on the human sized portions of our burritos?" - Tim Hawkins

The trip continues to be solid, and both the construction teams and the medical teams have seen success and accomplishment. While yesterday one of our clinic sites ran into some trouble, this opened the door to serve people in a completely different way, including one person who needed an extreme amount of help from the team. I don't know all the details of that encounter, but apparently it was a rather touching one. If I get more information I will write about it in the next post.

Today my team went back to the church where the roofing work was being done. Today was hot, long, and extremely exhausting. My legs feel like rubber, and after several hours of work, we managed to finish one side of the roof. Before we left, we began the other side of the roof with hopes of finishing it tomorrow.

As the title suggests, we had some rather impressive food for lunch (at least my construction team did). Below is a picture of a burrito in relation to a can of Dr. Pepper



I should add that the length of the burrito expanded when it was removed from the foil. The foil compressed that sucker. I was only able to eat half of it.

We have one more day tomorrow and then we leave early Saturday morning. Please pray that we have the determination to finish strong and hard. This has been a very enjoyable trip, but I am ready to return home and rest before I return to Panfork. Please also pray I would have the energy for another long day of work.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment